Thursday, February 4, 2010

And I'm back..

Sorry for the blog hiatus. I just needed a break from all THE PRESSURE! Just kidding, there was no pressure except the own I put on myself to make sure this was updated all the time with Clancy pictures. Which for those of you who know me... is a lot of pressure. Especially now that I'm working it seems even harder to stay current in the photo department. Also, what I enjoy most about blogging is being able to write. I was always much better at reading someone else's diary (Ann's) then keeping my own. No wait, seven year old Laura did keep a diary and it was called verbal vomit at recess to anyone who would listen. I have never had a good filter when it comes to talking about how I feel ... to random people. I guess that's why I liked to blog b/c it was like I was seven again trying to explain to my friends on the jungle bars why our secret club shouldn't be called "My Little Ponies" ... so unoriginal.

No really, in 2nd grade we moved to Kansas from Iowa and the new school we went to was a far cry from the farm kids of Iowa. It was a preppy school on the right side of the tracks. We went there b/c we lived in the only apartment complex in the school zoning. This school was so wealthy, or it seemed that way at 7, that they had live gardens growing in the middle of the school INSIDE. Trees, shrubs, everything! The school was even called Village. I mean really... how on the right side of the tracks does that sound. So anyway, the Village girls wanted to start a club and they wanted to call it My Little Ponies. I wanted it to be based on My Little Ponies, but I wanted something more creative like the Princess of Horses or The Olympians of Four Legs. I lost that battle with my big mouth and some cool points. We eventually got the house built, moved to the other side of the tracks, and went to a school with normal stuff in the halls like vomit and glue and kids who could use their imagination b/c they didn't own every toy made.

What was my point? Oh yes, the blog is back. But don't expect a lot of pictures. I could include exerts from Ann's diaries? Just kidding... no really I know where they are.

1 comment:

  1. hehe, welcome back from a mommy who also hasn't posted in about a month! sometimes we just need a break :)

    ReplyDelete