
I started to get the "nausea" this week. I say "nausea" like it's the plague because I remember watching and hearing horror stories from my girlfriends like Kelly and Annie. In a way it makes me cranky and want to burn things more than usually (I'm pyro preggie). Still goes to show that no matter how many books you read or friends you talk to, you just don't "get it" until it actually happens to you. I'm so sorry I wasn't more supportive to anyone in my life suffering from morning sickness.
Anyway, so I at first decided I couldn't even think of eating, but after the first day of dry heaving I realized that was probably not the answer. And then the school secretary gave me starbursts and a speech on how morning sickness was caused by the imbalance of acid in your stomach that just needs to be neutralized with sugar. I love science! No wonder Kelly loved Oreo cookies so much and Ann loved Root Beer. So my answer is anything to do with Oranges. I never realized what an amazing fruit it is! If I was any good at poetry I would write "An Ode to the Orange" (get on that Ann) and say it everyday. This morning I was eating my breakfast sandwich and looked over to see an orange staring back at me. Like a vampire I stabbed it with a knife, cut it in half, and sucked all the juice out of in less than one minute. When the carnage was over I was like "What just happened?" So prevent myself from doing that in front of my students, I bought this huge bottle of OJ and I have been drinking it all day. Yes, I realize that if I drink the whole thing it will equal 800 calories (good lord), but I can't explain how much better I feel all day. So my question is... are the food cravings the body's way of fixing the imbalances or will I hate oranges in two weeks and move on to liver and onions (ah... just threw up a little right there...burn it).

My wife is pregnant with our third and is due at the same time as you... and all I can say is that pregnant woman are WEIRD. You'd think the first two would prepare me for the WEIRD food cravings and WEIRD gagging and retching at odd moments, but I still can't get used to it. Ah, the unsympathetic male... but I am trying! Does washing all the dishes count as sympathy? (Well, not really, it's only cause when she looks at dishes or opens the fridge, she gags and retches, so I must wash dishes and make lunch and dinner or nothing would get done and our kids would starve!)
ReplyDeletePS. Thanks for the tip about acid imbalance in the stomach neutralized with sugar. I am going to see if that will work on Abby!
I see that this picture is backwards..indicating you used your laptop again! Use that new camera girlfriend!
ReplyDeleteI wish I "needed" to eat sugar. I've been off the sugar for 6 days now and I miss it so. I'm getting to the point where the sugar in an apple is like candy.
Shame on me.