HA! Double HA! Pregnancy does not know who it is dealing with when it comes to wearing glasses. I was in contacts when I was in the sixth grade b/c my parents were afraid if they didn't do something I would go totally blind (somewhat untrue...but close). I remember the day I got my first pair. After years of having to wear goofy glasses where my prescription began to resemble the bottom of coke bottles and my activities only got sweatier, I was in heaven. No longer would I be geeky looking. No longer would my stick figure body be twice as small as my oversized frames... or bangs (late 80's). No longer would I be called four eyes or have to wander through the pool in the summer pretending I can see. I HAD CONTACTS! And I never looked back. Anyone who knows me or grew up with around me probably can count on their hands how many times they have seen me in glasses (bedtime doesn't count). I hate them... for the same reason I hate any underwear that you can't run a marathon in. Uncomfortable, moving around too much when you sweat, and watching TV while lying down is impossible. So now I have to give up my contacts for the peanut sized heart beat. Well.... okay, but only because I'm sure it is much more adorable than Ricky Benson who decided I was cute enough to hold hands with after getting contacts.... and then broke up with me while I was in California to go out with my best friend. It was all about convenience at that age.
PS. If you are thinking it can't be that bad just know I've never met anyone who can beat my prescription... Left eye 9.0, Right eye 8.5 ... anyone? anyone?

Maybe we should go shopping for a new pair of frames? Embrace the nerdiness, lets get some super funky and chunky frames! Maybe this is just something that will pass after this first, miserable trimester :) Fingers crossed...
ReplyDeleteYou are looking at the glasses all wrong...Can we simply think of Friday Night Lights and ask, "Ms. Debrick, Will You Go To Prom With Me?"
ReplyDeleteEmbrace your new curves and work the glasses!