Monday, February 23, 2009

Who's counting...

So I just added the "ticker" at the top.  

Off topic for a second... what's with all this new web lingo.  What the heck is a Twitter?  Sounds like a disease no one wants and when did it become a word everyone knows?  Isn't it the same as "blogging"?  I just don't think it's fair for those of us who grew up in the beginning of this technology boom to find ourselves all of sudden dated by the tech lingo we use.  

Okay back to baby.  I am feeling a lot better, but knocking on wood b/c I know that could change any minute.  NOT good enough to hit the gym yet, or at least that's my excuse.  I don't know if I like this "ticker" count down.  It makes me nervous.  ONLY 200 and some days until your life changes forever!  I think my stomach just turned inside out and now my brain is reminding me of all the things I have to do.  

When planning your marriage, you knew there was a count down... but it was count down till I get to wear that AMAZING dress or go on my honeymoon! ( And of course marriage)  This feels different.  Like the countdown of a new dawn, a new perspective on my life that I can't read or prepare for because there are no words.  I guess that's exciting too.  I read in the books that it is normal to feel uncertain during your pregnancy or have moments when you think "take it back".  I bet that changes when you actually can see something in there or feel it moving around.  I'm hoping!  Not that I want to "give it back", but there are moments when complete terror comes over me and I can't imagine being able to be good enough for this baby.  Or a kid does something stupid at school and I sigh thinking "Baby please don't come out like that!"

So I rambled a little today, thanks for listening.  I promise to have pictures after this weekend when I go to Sierra's and she shows me how to change the resolution on my digital camera.  The 4 1/2 year old PC owner who took a picture of her fish is too busy (I feel like that commercial mocks my intelligence).  


No comments:

Post a Comment